Many of the individuals who come to Second Chance need a little more than a chance.
- Some are homeless and need rent assistance
- Some need bus passes to aid in their job search
- Some need a voucher so they may purchase nutritious meals
- Some have received a job offer but need work suits or specialized uniforms and equipment to start their new careers.
- Although Second Chance is able to provide most participants with professional clothing, some may need to purchase a suit or shoes to wear to job interviews.
- Some need financial assistance to obtain their driver's license, birth certificate, ID card or other legal documents.
WHAT IS THE SECOND CHANCE $599 Club?
The $599 Club is a pooled fund restricted to providing participants, graduates and residents the support they need to be successful as they work towards self-sufficiency.
A donation of any amount to the $599 club fund is welcome, but a donation of $599 provides the following donor benefits:
- Recognition on the Second Chance website;
- Recognition in the Second Chance newsletter;
- Certificate of Membership, suitable for framing;
- Knowing you have made a difference in someone's life.
HOW TO join the $599 club:
Choose the "$599 Club" option on the Donation page or call Maureen at 619-839-0953.
Text "599club" to 41444 to make a secure mobile donation of any amount to this restricted fund.