OUR MISSION: TO DISRUPT THE CYCLES OF INCARCERATION AND POVERTY BY HELPING PEOPLE FIND THEIR WAY TO SELF-SUFFICIENCY.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1993, Second Chance strives to ensure all members of our community have the means to achieve self-sufficiency, regardless of age, race, or criminal history. In other words, whether one struggles with addiction, incarceration, homelessness, a family history of criminal behavior or gang involvement, or you just took a wrong turn in life, Second Chance can help you find your way to a positive, successful future.
join us for DINNER AT NATE'S GARDEN GRILL - MONDAY, APRIL 23
Help us kick off a season of celebrations in honor of our 25th anniversary! Sit down with friends for a mouth watering, farm-to-table, three-course birthday dinner at Nate’s Garden Grill to benefit our Youth Garden program.
Monday, April 23, 6 - 8 p.m.
3120 Euclid Ave., San Diego, CA 92105
Tickets: $50 for adults; $25 for children ages 3-12 (Includes tax & tip)
Space is limited — get your tickets today!
TO PURCHASE TICKETS: Text "NATES" to 51555 or call Stephanie at 619-839-0964
DID YOU KNOW?
- The U.S. represents 5% of the world’s population, but 25% of its prison population.
- In 1980, there were 300,000 adults in U.S. prisons. Today, there are 2,300,000.
- 1 in every 28 children has a parent in jail or prison.
- More than 2,500 juveniles in the U.S. are serving life in prison without possibility of parole. The U.S. and Somalia are the only two countries in the world that sentence minors to life.
- Since 1980, CA has built 23 new prisons - and 1 college.