The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program serves youth who are from low-income households, at risk of dropping out of school or transitioning from foster care or justice system facilities. In collaboration with the San Diego Workforce Partnership, WIOA includes supportive services, individual service strategies, case management, educational services, work-readiness training, work preparation and youth development services.
benefits of joining the program
- Individual Case Management
- Job Readiness Training with a weekly stipend
- Occupational Skills Training
- Paid Internships
- Youth Development Workshops
- Supportive Wraparound Services
- Between the ages of 16-24 on the date of enrollment
- Not currently attending school
- Live in City Heights, Southeast San Diego, Grant Hill, Barrio Logan or College Area (92102, 92105, 92113, 92114, 92115)
- Currently or previously been involved with the juvenile justice system
For more information about enrolling in the program contact Rob Armstrong at (619) 839-0942
The Second Chance WIOA Youth Program is funded by the Department of Labor
through the San Diego Workforce Partnership
This WIOA Title I - funded program or activity is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.